IMAGINE-B5G project has its 1st Call Opening now!
The SNS JU project IMAGINE-B-5G is opening its first call project periods of up to 12 months and a budget of up to €100.000!
What is the IMAGINE-B-5G project about?
IMAGINE-B5G, a Smart Network and Services (SNS) Project, aims to implement an advanced, accessible, secure, and programmable end-to-end (E2E) 5G platform for large-scale trials and pilots in Europe by leveraging the best breed of B5G features.
The IMAGINE-B5G project expect to have a huge impact worldwide among vertical industries by:
- equipping European verticals with facilities that will increase their ability for innovation, digitalisation, and driving European economies;
- deploying concurrent trials which will serve to prove that operators are able to deliver on the stringent technical requirements of new B5G/6G applications;
- using its pilots with verticals and cross-vertical industries to demonstrate Europe’s B5G evolution and leadership in advanced 5G technologies and architectures;
- preparing and maximising widespread acceptance and adoption by end-users of B5G solutions in European economies.
The first open call is now open since June 2023 with a deadline for the 1st of September 2023 (17:00 CEST Brussels time), with an expected start date of projects in October 2023.
First Open Call
In the first open call, third parties are invited to present proposals:
- to test and validate their novel vertical applications through pilots and trials on the IMAGINE-B5G facilities (projects periods of up to 12 months and a budget of up to €100.000 );
- to provide novel features through HW and SW extensions to the IMAGINE-B5G facilities thanks to the openness of the platform (projects periods of up to 18 months and a budget of up to €150.000 )
The main objectives of the IMAGINE-B5G Open Calls are:
- to enable European-led innovation and fast-track adoption by stimulating private sector investment across verticals. IMAGINE-B5G has shortlisted seven verticals and corresponding stakeholders related to PPDR, media, education, smart agriculture & forestry, eHealth, transportation & logistics, and Industry 4.0.
- to engage third-party stakeholders towards the conceptualization, development, experimentation, and validation of novel vertical applications in the current and future B5G ecosystem.
IMAGINE-B5G targets to allocate at least 50% of the open-call budget to SMEs, scaleups and start-ups. To this end, the open calls will specifically prioritize projects that will involve SMEs, scaleups and start-ups.