When it comes to proposing a project as part of the SNS JU we can recommend several key actions:
READ THE WORK PLAN AND THE CALL TEXT
- The call information is critical, as many proposals fail in the early stage as they are deemed not to address the call sufficiently.
- The first SNS call for proposals was published in 2021 and proposals were submitted in April 2022.
- The Second Phase of the SNS JU work programme has been published in December 2022.
- The Second call opened on 17 January 2023 with a proposal submission deadline on 25 April 2023. You can submit your proposal on the F&T Portal.
The workplan of the second phase of the SNS JU is available here for reference:
UNDERSTAND THE CONTEXT OF SNS JU PROJECT PROPOSALS
- There are Multiple Call topics within each phase of the SNS JU work programme and these will generate somewhere between 30 to 40 new projects.
- These projects are designed to be complementary and to contribute to the overall SNS JU goals as part of the SNS JU mission, as such, each project will have to participate in the SNS Steering board and Technical Board, and contribute to the relevant SNS JU working groups.
- It is important that project proposals recognise this responsibility to the programme and ensure in your proposals, adequate resources for this inter-project collaboration.
ROLE OF THE 6G IA
The 6G IA is the core community of industrial and research organisations supporting the SNS JU as the private partner with the European Union as the public partner.
Being a member of the 6G IA not only demonstrates your commitment to the Goals of the SNS JU, but also gets you access to the consultations on the emerging workplans and ensures that you may participate in all the calls of the SNS JU.
Membership will also ensure that your additional efforts to develop 5G and 6G in Europe are counted and considered as part of the overall strategic investment towards European leadership in this field.
Widespread membership of the 6G IA will also ensure the costs of participation in the SNS calls is kept to a minimum and the funding rates for participation are maximised.
USE THE SNS BROKERAGE SERVICE
To assist everyone to find projects and participants, we are offering an online Brokerage service where you can present you profile and interests and/or present your project Ideas for potential participants to see.