Connecting Europe Facility & Horizon 2020 funded projects working in cybersecurity
HaDEA’s role and its programmes
The Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA) celebrates the 10th anniversary of the ECSM by presenting projects funded under CEF and Horizon 2020, in an effort to highlight the synergies across EU funding programmes.
European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) is a flagship campaign that runs annually throughout the whole month of October. It promotes cybersecurity among EU citizens and organisations through different activities, videos, materials and presentations.
The EU funding, under the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) and Horizon 2020 programmes, contributes to enhancing cybersecurity in a wide range of areas such as information technology, education, health and manufacturing. Projects and their results provide a great overview of tools, good practices and information to secure personal data, stay safe in a digital environment and prevent cyber-attacks.
Discover the projects
Meet these cybersecurity projects managed by HaDEA and their results:
- The CEF project PISAX delivers a common pan-European Information Sharing and Analysis Centre (ISAC) to support Internet Exchange Points (IXPs) and General Packet Radio Service Roaming Exchange (GRXs) at the national, European and international level. It provided an automated and secure threat intelligence sharing system for these entities building on the existing Malware Information Sharing Platform (MISP) hence improving their current state of security.
- The CEF project Joint Cybersecurity Operations Platform (JCOP) implemented by beneficiaries from 4 countries will deliver a platform (JCOP) tailored to the needs of EU countries’ authorities entrusted with cybersecurity, providing a holistic solution, which includes:
- Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI);
- Incident response;
- Cybersecurity Operations Training capabilities.
- The H2020 project seCUre and pRivate hEalth data eXchange (CUREX) makes it possible for healthcare providers to assess the realistic cybersecurity and privacy risks they are exposed to. The results of this project boost data security in various situations, from remote healthcare and patient cross-border mobility to data exchanges for research. Watch the project video for more information.
- The H2020 project ProTego provides a toolkit for healthcare organisations to better assess and reduce cybersecurity risks related to remote devices’ access to Electronic Health Record data. Find out more in this video.
- The H2020 project PANACEA produces people-centric cybersecurity solutions, for hospitals, software/system developers, medical device manufacturers, and digital service providers, engaging three European Healthcare end-users. It offers two toolkits to improve cybersecurity and privacy/data protection. Watch the video for more information.
- The H2020 project Safe, collaborative digital transition of manufacturing industry (SeCoIIA) aims to secure the digital transition of the manufacturing industry, especially in the fields of aeronautics, automotive and naval construction. As such, new technologies with the use of the Industrial Internet of things (IIoT) offer connectivity, automation of production, new, intelligent assets, and competitiveness for the European industry. This video presents more information on the project.
- Publication date: 26 October 2022
- Author: European Health and Digital Executive Agency